Finding Your Soul and Personality Tarot Cards
Using numerology by Derek McGillivray
For Entertainment only
Finding Your Soul and Personality Tarot Cards
Numbering the Major Arcana Cards
1 The Magician 12 The Hanged Man
2 The High Priestess 13 Death
3 The Empress 14 Temperance
4 The Emperor 15 The Devil
5 The Hieroplant 16 The Tower
6 The Lovers 17 The Star
7 The Chariot 18 The Moon
8 Strength 19 The Sun
9 The Hermit 20 Judgement
10 Wheel of Fortune 21 The World
11 Justice 22 The Fool (Also 0 )
Your soul card shows who you essentially are: your higher soul, spirit, self- the part of you that’s immortal and is believed to separate from your physical body at death. According to many belief systems, the soul assumes the particular personality it needs for expressing and developing itself in each physical incarnation of lifetime. Determining your Soul Card:
1. Add up the month, day, and year of your birth.
For example, Derek was born December the 8th 1965. Derek would add as follows:
2. If your total is greater than 22 (the total number of major arcana cards), reduce it by adding the numbers together, If the reduced number is still larger than 22, add its numbers together.
For example, Derek would add 1+ 9 + 8 + 5, for a total of 23 as there is only 22 cards Derek then adds 2 + 3 = 5
5 = The Hieroplant (often called the Pope card, good teacher, spiritual, good listener, always seeking the truth, does more for others than himself.)
Identifying your personality card -
Follow two easy steps to find your personality card:
1. If the number of your soul card is a double – digit number, add the digits together.
2. Use the number you arrive at in step 1 to find your personality card. If the number of your soul card was a single-digit number, your soul card and personality card are the same.
Hence Derek’s is still 5 The Hieroplant.
Having the same soul and personality card.
If your soul and personality cards are the same, you tend to experience an innate agreement between your soul purpose and your personality – what your ego and person desires are pulling you toward. Simply put you may feel conflicted about what you do in the world and who you are in your heart of hearts. This configuration also symbolizes a state that you are growing into.
Example: Derek’s Soul and personality cards are the same: The Hierophant. Derek is naturally a spiritually oriented person. Because he had years of dogmatic religious training, Derek won’t presently participate in anything that has to do with religion. In time, Derek’s innate connection with divinity is likely to draw him into practicing, or even teaching, some type of nondogmatic spirituality. (Derek is currently learning about the Tarot cards and intends to teach Reiki which is a form of spiritual natural healing. He is also open mined and open to new thinking and ideas.)
A special case: Totalling 19
If your birthday numbers total up to the number 19, you get one more card than everyone else. I call this the mediating card because it helps mediate conflicts, power struggles, or tension between your soul and personality.
Finding your card for the year.
1. Add together the day and month of your birth, as well as the year for which you’d like to find your card.
2. Next add together the digits of the number you calculated in step1. If the number you arrive at is larger than 22, add the digits of that number together.
2026 2 + 0 + 2 + 6 = 10 The wheel of fortune.
In 2006 Derek got a new job with good earnings and for the first time in years his health improved.
The General Card for today: Add the day, month, and year together.
Pinpoint today’s personal card
1. Add together the month, day and year of your birth plus the current day, month, and year. For example Derek’s on the 11/7/2007
12 (month) 07
08 (day) 11
1965 (year) 2007
2. Add the two totals from step 1 together and reduce the resulting number. If that number is higher than 22, add its digits together to reduce it again.
Example 1985 + 2025 = 4010 4 + 0 + 1 + 0 = 5 - The Hieroplant = Marriage, good advice, religion, the higher self, mercy.
Locating your Personal Court Card
Same method as before but if you have a number higher than 16 add them together again i.e. in Derek’s case 23 = 5 The Knight of Wands - A cleaver, honest, man who gives good advice
The Court cards can offer insight into your life and personality.
01 The Page of Wands 09 The Queen of Wands
02 The Page of Cups 10 The Queen of Cups
03 The page of Swords 11 The Queen of Swords
04 The Page of Pentacles 12 The Queen of Pentacles
05 The Knight of Wands 13 The King of Wands
06 The Night of Cups 14 The King of Cups
07 The Night of Swords 15 The King of Swords
08 The Knight of Pentacles 16 The King of Pentacles
Basic Tarot Card Meanings
(Some web sites also http://www.ata-tarot.com/resource/cards/ )
0. THE FOOL: Youthful folly, innocence, blinded by ignorance, listen to warnings, the novice. (The Fool is number is also number 22)
1. THE MAGICIAN- Self-control, skill, action, taking charge.
2. THE HIGH PRIESTESS- Intuition, wisdom, mysteries, secrets, tenacity.
3. THE EMPRESS: Fertility, abundance, mother, health, kindliness.
4. THE EMPEROR: Willpower, ambition, stability, father, benefactor.
5. THE HIEROPHANT: Marriage, good advice, religion, the higher self, mercy.
6. THE LOVERS: Love, sexual union, beauty, emotional success, trials overcome.
7. THE CHARIOT: The driving force, triumph, war, vengeance, providence.
8. STRENGTH: Fortitude, courage, energy, success, self-discipline.
9. THE HERMIT: Prudence, a lonely spiritual quest, treason, caution, inertia.
10. WHEEL OF FORTUNE: The hand of fate, a turn for the better, luck, destiny, abundance.
11. JUSTICE: The law, truth, balance, control, a contract.
12. THE HANGED MAN: Wisdom in difficulties, self-sacrifice, intuition, initiation, prophesy.
13. DEATH: Transformation, events beyond your control, ending corruption, a new but difficult start, inevitable major changes. (the tarot will not predict an actual death)
14. TEMPERANCE: Management, economy, spirit transcending matter, moderation, wise counsel
15 THE DEVIL: Anger, violence, jealousy, greed, deceit, instinct, sexual passion.
16. THE TOWER: Catastrophe, repossession, ruin, adversity, calamity.
17. THE STAR: Hope, goals, expectations, guiding force, enlightenment, bright prospects.
18. THE MOON: Dark forces, nightmares, illusion, hidden fears, danger overcome through intuition..
19. THE SUN: Happiness, joy, rebirth, freedom, happy marriage, success.
20. THE LAST JUDGEMENT: A major decision, outcome, final result, rebirth, problems overcome.
21. THE WORLD: Successful completion, assured success, recognition, long distance travel, harmony.
THE MINOR ARCANA TAROT CARD MEANINGS
The minor arcana is divided into four suits:
WANDS: This suit covers intellectual activities and career.
CUPS: Represents emotions, love, pleasure and sensitivity.
SWORDS: Involves struggles, difficulties and illness.
COINS: Deal with material world, finances and property.
There are four court Tarot Cards to each suit: King, Queen, Knight, and Page. These can represent people in the querant life or aspects of personality. Pages & Knights can represent children or young people of either sex. The aces indicate the beginning of a new activity and the Tarot Cards from two to ten represent aspects of the querants life, past, present and future.
WANDS TAROT MEANINGS:
ACE: A new job or enterprise, initiative, ideas, invention.
2- dissatisfaction with material things, restlessness, thinking about events happening elsewhere.
3.- Overseas trade, planned travel, commerce, established strength.
4.- Celebration, country life, socialising, prosperity, peace and concord.
5.- Petty arguments between groups of people. A sham fight. Squabbles.
6.- Victory achieved. Good news. The support of others. Recognition.
7.- Valour. Winning against the odds. Overcoming opposition. Getting on top of your troubles.
8.- Communication. A message or letter. Swiftness. A speedy conclusion.
9.- An uncomfortable wait. Gathering strength. Problems still to be dealt with.
10.- Oppression. A burden that's hard to carry. Overwork. Emotional pressure. Unpleasant news.
KING- A cleaver, honest, man who gives good advice.
QUEEN- An astute woman with a good business sense.
KNIGHT- Change of residence. An enterprising young person.
PAGE- Good news announced. Faithful young person or child.
CUPS TAROT MEANINGS:
ACE- The beginnings of emotional happiness. A new love or re-kindling of marriage. Joy, contentment, fertility.
2.- Emotional and spiritual love. Love blessed by heaven.
3.- Celebration, merriment, good friends.
4.- Discontentment or depression may cause the loss of a golden opportunity. Weariness.
5.- Crying over spilt milk. Opportunity is at hand and there's new bridges to cross.
6.- Childhood memories or friends bring happiness. Happy childhood.
7.- Fantasy and illusion distract the seeker.
8.- Putting the past behind you. A brave but difficult decision.
9.- Satisfaction guaranteed- but beware of complacency.
10.- Ecstatic personal and family happiness.
KING- Sensitive and creative fatherly man.
QUEEN.-Sensitive, visionary woman. Can sometimes get depressed.
KNIGHT.-The grail knight. Romantic, artistic, imaginative. A message of love.
PAGE.- A sensitive youngster. A bright idea. News. .
SWORDS TAROT MEANINGS:
ACE- Triumph of the will. The start of a forceful attitude.
2.-A decision that requires an unprejudiced attitude. Intuitive understanding. Amnesty.
3.- Heartache. Rupture. Division. Delay.
4.- Rest, retreat and solitude. A time of recovery.
5.- Dishonour and loss. Betrayal by friend.
6.- Travel or holiday. Escaping difficulties.
7.- Theft, deceit, trickery. Beware of impostor.
8.- Frustration, imprisonment. Criticism and sickness.
9.- Worry, despair and neurosis. Bad dreams and pressing problems.
10- Failure, tears, sadness or illness. But the worst is over and a new dawn comes.
KING- Critical man in authority. His decision is final.
QUEEN- Sorrowful woman in authority. She understands pain and sadness.
KNIGHT- A ruthless person. Acts quickly and will try to twist the law to their advantage.
PAGE- An untrustworthy younger person. A spy who will stab you in the back.
COINS (Pentacles) TAROT MEANINGS:
ACE- A golden opportunity. Abundance and improved financial prospects.
2.- Emotional ups and downs. Juggling the finances.
3.- Skills appreciated. Esteem, honour and reward.
4.- Saving money. Caution with money. Covetousness. Wealth invested wisely.
5.- Poverty and hardship. Material troubles. Entangled relationship. Spiritual poverty.
6.- Gifts, presents, help at hand and generosity. Don't let money pass through your fingers.
7.- Impatience. Things will come in the fullness of time. Anxiety about money.
8.- Success achieved by hard work. Skills in craft and business. Job improvements.
9.- A legacy, unearned money, material contentment, rewards. pleasure. Wish card.
10.- Stable home, riches, family life, success achieved.
KING- Wealthy intelligent man. Valour, stability.
QUEEN- Serious, intelligent, motherly woman. Opulence, security, generosity.
KNIGHT- Dependable, responsible man. A bank manager or investor. Hard work, perseverance.
PAGE- An ambitious young person. Success in study and career. Management skills, materialist.